top of page



The United States is a country created and built by immigrants from all over the world. Every year, millions of immigrants enter the United States with dreams of a better life for themselves and their families. Therefore, having a green card is critical to new immigrants.​ Today, the U.S. Immigration law has become a complex and constantly changing area of the law, with new rulings and regulations issued regularly. At J. Zhang Law Firm, we dedicated immigration legal professionals remain up to date on all current developments; therefore, we are confident and pride to provide our clients with the latest and most appropriate immigration strategies. We have been providing legal advice to businesses, as well as individuals and families undergoing the U.S. immigration process, wherever in the United States or around the world you are. We take pride in the quality of our work and our attention to detail.​ Our Services:


Nonimmigrant Visa (Employment)

An employment visa allows a person to work in the United States. In many instances, that company must sponsor the applicant for the visa. There are both temporary and permanent options. Every year, our law firm has helped many clients, especially international students, to get their temporary employment visa and work in the U.S. Our legal services include:

  • H Type Work Visa (Mostly H1B Visa)

  • O-1 Visa (For Applicants with special skills in the field of science, art, education, business, or sports)

  • J Visa Waiver for Exchange Visitors 


After obtaining a non-immigrant visa, if you are willing to work in the U.S. permanently, please refer to the "Employment-Based Immigration" category.


Contact us at +1(607) 948-3339 for more information!


Employment-Based Immigration

U.S. immigration law provides aliens with a variety of ways to become lawful permanent residents ("Green Card") through employment in the United States.  Our legal services include:

First Preference (EB-1) – priority workers:

  • EB-1A (Aliens with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics)

  • EB-1B (Outstanding professors and researchers)

  • EB-1C (Certain multinational managers and executives)

Second Preference (EB-2) – aliens who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or who have exceptional ability (including requests for national interest waivers):

  • NIW (National Interest Waiver)

  • PERM (application for labor certification)

Third Preference (EB-3) – skilled workers, professionals, or other workers.

Fourth Preference (EB-4) - generally applicable to special workers (such as religious workers, Special Immigrant Juveniles)

Fifth Preference (EB-5) - Immigrant Investor Program (Please see "Visa for Investors" Category)


Contact us at +1(607) 948-3339 for more information!


Visa For Investors

When it comes to working, investing or doing business in the U.S., there are several visa options. But figuring out the right one for you can be a challenge.  That's where we come in. Our services include:

  • L-1 Visa (for temporary intracompany transferees who work in managerial positions or have specialized knowledge)

  • L-1 Visa Extension

  • E-2 Visa (Treaty Investors)

  • EB-1C (green card for outstanding multinational company executives, mostly for L-1 visa and E-2 visa clients)

  • EB-5 Legal Services, which includes:​​​

    • Assist clients in choosing EB-5 regional centers;

    • Provide clients legal advice through the whole process;

    • Assist clients to establish an EB-5 regional center;

    • Conduct due diligence on the EB-5 project;

    • Claim investment from EB-5 regional center;

    • Apply for EB-5 Based Permanent Residence through direct investment;

    • Apply for EB-5 Based Permanent Residence through Regional Center.


Contact us at +1(607) 948-3339 for more information!


Family-Based Immigration

U.S. immigration law allows certain aliens who are family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to become lawful permanent residents (get a Green Card) based on specific family relationships. Our legal services include:

Immediate Relative, No Waiting In Line:

  • U.S. Citizen Petition for Spouse

  • U.S. Citizen Petition for Unmarried Children under 21

  • U.S. Citizen Petition for Parents

With “preference immigrant”:

  • First preference (F1) - Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age and older) of U.S. citizens;

  • Second preference (F2A) - Spouses and Children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of lawful permanent residents;

  • Second preference (F2B) - Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age and older) of lawful permanent residents;

  • Third preference (F3) - Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. citizens; and

  • Fourth preference (F4) - Brothers and Sisters of U.S. citizens (if the U.S. citizen is 21 years of age and older).

In practice, we have also handled lots of Family-Based Immigration under special circumstances:

  • The Applicant is in the immigration court proceedings or there is a removal order against him/her;

  • The Applicant is inadmissible and needs a waiver


Contact us at +1(607) 948-3339 for more information!


Asylum & Removal Proceeding

Every year people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to Race, Religion, Nationality, Membership in a particular social group, and/or Political opinion. Asylum seekers must navigate a difficult and complex process that can involve multiple government agencies. Those granted asylum can apply to live in the United States permanently and gain a path to citizenship and can also apply for their spouse and children to join them in the United States. Our services include the following aspects:

  • Emergency Bail;

  • Affirmative or Defensive Asylum Application;

  • Expedite Asylum Interview (for the applicant who has not received the asylum interview notice for a long time);

  • Expedite Asylum Individual Hearing (for the applicant whose individual hearing is scheduled for a long time later);

  • Immigration Court proceedings;

  • Motion to reopen and/or reconsider proceedings;

  • The prior attorney was arrested and the applicant was asked to interview again;

  • Immigration Appeals Board proceedings and Federal Court Appeal proceedings

If you are tired of waiting for the asylum interview or court hearing, please refer to the "Expedite Request" Category, or call us at +1(607)948-3339. We will advise you if you are eligible to expedite your interview or hearing based on your actual situation.


Expedite Request

You may ask USCIS to expedite the adjudication of an application or petition for an immigration benefit. They may consider an expedite request if it meets certain criteria depending on individual situations. USCIS:

  • Considers all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis.

  • Requires documentation to support a request.

  • Has the sole discretion to decide whether to grant or deny a request.

  • Does not consider expedite requests for applications or petitions that have Premium Processing Service available.


Mandamus is a judicial remedy in the form of an order from a court to any government, subordinate court, corporation, or public authority, to do (or forbear from doing) some specific act which that body is obliged under law to do (or refrain from doing), and which is in the nature of public duty, and in certain cases one of statutory duty. 

If your immigration case has been pending for a very long time, without receiving any results, please call us at +1 (607) 948-3339



Individuals who are inadmissible are not permitted by law to enter or remain in the United States. The Immigration and Nationality Act sets forth grounds for inadmissibility. The general categories of inadmissibility include health, criminal activity, national security, public charge, lack of labor certification (if required), fraud and misrepresentation, prior removals, unlawful presence in the United States, and several miscellaneous categories. For certain grounds of inadmissibility, it may be possible for a person to obtain a waiver of that inadmissibility. If you are inadmissible to the United States and are seeking an immigrant visa, adjustment of status, certain nonimmigrant statuses, or certain other immigration benefits, you must file a waiver form to seek a waiver of certain grounds of inadmissibility. What we do:

  • I-601 Waiver

  • I-601A Waiver

  • I-602 Waiver

  • I-212 Application for Re-entry


Contact us at +1(607) 948-3339 for more information!

Victim Related Visa

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), you may be eligible to become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) if you are the victim of battery or extreme cruelty committed by:

  • A U.S. citizen spouse or former spouse;

  • A U.S. citizen parent;

  • A U.S. citizen son or daughter;

  • A lawful permanent resident (LPR) spouse or former spouse; or

  • An LPR parent

Further, you have to prove that you:

  • have or have had a qualified spouse relationship with the abuser, or the parents or children of the abuser;

  • Reside with or have resided with the abuser;

  • Good morals, and;

  • Suffered battery and/or extreme cruelty


U Nonimmigrant Status (U visa) is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. You may be eligible for a U nonimmigrant visa if:

  • You are the victim of qualifying criminal activity.

  • You have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of criminal activity.

  • You have information about the criminal activity. If you are under the age of 16 or unable to provide information due to a disability, a parent, guardian, or next friend may possess the information about the crime on your behalf.

  • You were helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime. If you are under the age of 16 or unable to provide information due to a disability, a parent, guardian, or next friend may assist law enforcement on your behalf.

  • The crime occurred in the United States or violated U.S. laws.


T Nonimmigrant Status(T visa) is a temporary immigration benefit that enables certain victims of a severe form of human trafficking to remain in the United States for up to 4 years if they have assisted law enforcement in an investigation or prosecution of human trafficking. You may be eligible for T nonimmigrant status if you:

  • Are or were a victim of human trafficking;

  • Are in the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or at a port of entry due to trafficking;

  • Comply with any reasonable request from a law enforcement agency for assistance in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking (unless you are under the age of 18 or you are unable to cooperate due to physical or psychological trauma. In either case, you may not need to show that you complied with reasonable requests from law enforcement);

  • Demonstrate that you would suffer extreme hardship involving unusual and severe harm if you were removed from the United States


If you are injured by any form of violence or suffered any kind of criminal harm in the United States, please call the police immediately. At the same time, contact us at +1(607) 948-3339 if you are worried about being removed from the United States. Just keep in mind that we have the duty to keep your information confidential.


  • Tourist Visa Transfer to Student Visa (F-1 Visa)

  • Any kinds of Immigration appeal, and Motion to reopen or reconsider

  • Apply for or renew Employment Authorization Card

  • Apply for Re-entry Permit

  • Green Card renewal or Reissue due to lost

  • Apply for Application for Naturalization


Any other immigration issues and problems, please feel free to contact us at +1(607) 948-3339

Investors Visa
Victim Visa
bottom of page